Carbon Neutral OrganisationsBecoming carbon neutral or net zero sends a clear signal about your business.
- That you are committed to doing your bit
- You are serious about sustainability and protecting our youth and future generations
- Your business is a good corporate leader
Going net zero is good for your business
- It makes great business sense – it saves costs through energy saving and efficiencies.
- It gives you the edge over competitors – it shows you’re part of the solution not part of the problem.
- It gives you the opportunity to market and communicate your brand and approach. Customers are increasingly seeking out businesses that have a social and environmental conscience.
- Be placed to win procurement contracts requiring carbon neutrality
Many of Australia’s best-known companies are leading the way, taking action to help Australia meet its carbon reduction commitments.
If you provide goods or services to larger organisations or government, they are increasingly looking to procure from businesses that can demonstrate low carbon credentials.
Whether you’re a local council, an SME or a non-profit, Low Carbon Consulting can help you through the steps you need to take to become net zero. Get in touch now for a no-pressure chat – I love talking low carbon!
Carbon Neutral Events
Do you want to:
- make your event stand out?
- show that you are committed to acting on climate change?
- cut costs, reduce waste and be as efficient as possible?
Then making your event carbon neutral is the step for you.
This will mean planning the event in a low carbon way and then offsetting any carbon emissions that cannot be avoided.
If you want to plan for a carbon neutral event get in touch with me as soon as you can and I can carry out an initial scoping with you. You’ll need to gather the data during your event. After that I can calculate your footprint and any carbon credits (offsets) will need to be purchased to achieve a net zero event.
Your emissions will be event specific but will generally include:
You can choose whether to become formally certified as a carbon neutral event under the Australian Climate Active program. This is a rigorous assessment but also highly acknowledged. As a registered consultant for Climate Active, I can help you with this.